Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Marvelous Mondays | o n e



Cheers! It's Monday! 

Drinking: Homemade iced coffee and LOTS of water.

Thinking: about grace, the puritans, the confederate flag, and baby naps..also, what's for dinner.

This morning I: weeded my overgrown herb garden! 

To do: laundry, dishes, and baby kisses.

Reading: Mere Christianity & French Women for All Seasons

Wearing: blue stripes and my morning hair.

I try not to give into the idea that Monday is the hardest day of the week. If we prepare a nice breakfast, usually we can get through the morning quite well. This morning it was homemade quick oat porridge(grind oats in coffee grinder then mix in boiling water) with blueberries(thank you Adkins Family Farm!), clover honey, and hemp seeds. And coffee of course. Then we tromped out into the yard while the rising sun was still sitting behind the trees. E & C played on a blanket while I tackled my herb garden that had been covered by a wrath of weeds. The meticulous weed pulling helped calm my frazzled sleep deprived mind. I kept telling myself that everything is a season. No sleep? It's just a season. These weeds? Just a season. Family struggles? Just a season. I believe that is how God makes things more bearable. And the things we want to continue forever and ever? Like strawberries and tomatoes and love? Well, we need to preserve those things. We need to take care as the season is passing to maintain the goodness that is given to us. We do this so when we find ourselves in the midst of struggle, we have a 'jar' of love or grace on the shelf. We are able to open the jar and use the contents in moment that feels like a dead season to us. Sometimes the fruit we reap from the hard seasons is the most voluptuous crop. Don't let that fruit go to waste.

Anyway, modays. We are going to make it through the week. 
Can I get an amen?


No comments:

Post a Comment

merci.