Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Shoes

Every morning morning Claire has her morning nursing session. Then we make Nathan his lunch, give him kisses, and send him on his way to work. My baby and I enjoy slow breakfasts of sourdough toast and yogurt with peaches or sometimes we have oatmeal or eggs. One thing never changes though. Every morning after our sweet breakfast, Claire brings me my shoes and begs me to put them on. This is her signal that she wants to go outside. So we get dressed as fast as we can to beat the burning sun, slip on some shoes, and head out the door. Claire will not have it any other way. We MUST go outside. I am glad she is such a persistent little dear, because I would just like to sit on the couch with my ever growing belly. Sometimes I do not want to go walking, but she always seems to win with her darling eyes.

This morning I am glad we made it out of the house.

I pushed the stroller down our quiet neighborhood street. I was watching her little feet wiggle and kick, and I began to think about all the jobs I've had. I thought about the one I had to get up at the crack of dawn and clean toilets and mow parks. Some I had to stay up late into the night and put away free weights and vacuum floors. Others I had to get up before sunrise and make breakfast/lunch/dinner for 60+ people. All of these jobs had been hard. An overwhelming rush of thankfulness pushed through my being. Being a mother has been my dream. For me, it truly has been a dream come true. I am so thankful to be able to be with my baby during the day. I am thankful we can go on adventures together. I am thankful that her daddy and I get to teach her about life. Being a mother is so much more than an occupation. Some say I must work so hard, but in reality, the burden is light because there is so much love in the equation. I cannot but help love my daughter more and more.

If you feel stuck in life, and unhappy, know that this too shall pass. Life moves at the most brisk pace. It may feel slow to you, but things are moving on all sides of you. We just may not see quite how things are coming together. Have patience and move forward.

The Master's hand is working on His art.

-a.


No comments:

Post a Comment

merci.