Tuesday, October 1, 2013

live.


O my goodness.
The rain. The sky just let loose. It has been doing that for the past 5 days now. Claire the Peach and I have been forced to stay indoors. We like it though. The little bebe and I have been keeping busy. We read books, I drink tea, she stares out the window waiting for squirrels to rush past, I make soup, we listen to classical music all day long. It is fun. She is asleep now. Poor thing has a cold. Every time she sniffs I wince. I cannot understand how such a small human being can have so much snot up her little nose.

There is something magical about being a mama. Don't get me wrong...life is magical in general; but being a mother. That is something really special.

I love seeing her brief little smiles and hearing her little gurgles as she tries to communicate things to me. Yesterday she started doing the hands in the air 'please pick me up' move. It is pretty adorable. SHE is adorable. Life feels so complete with her. She is filled full of life and it helps me during my weary days. The gift of little ones is so precious. She and my husband inspire me every day. Every nook and cranny of my life is invaded by the two of them and I love it. Every minute is special. We so often forget this, and contrive things that are not really important. I don't want to do that anymore.
I want to sit with my daughter when she plays. I want to be there WITH her. It is so important that we sit with our children. Isn't it the greatest Father who does this with us? He sits with us, even when we don't pay any attention to Him. We are His children! Lord help me to be more like you. Help us to be more like you.

Yesterday I was texting my Bellis. It was her first day of her new school. She was telling me how so many people in her school are looking for recognition. They all want to be seen and heard. Then she told me she just wants to sit in the corner of a coffee shop doing her french homework and drinking her latte. It isn't about how shiny we can get our hair or how smart we seem on paper. Humility, and walking justly, and loving mercy. Christ in us. Do not forget that Christ is in you. The living Christ. That is what life is all about.

This is a reminder to all of you. Enjoy the littlest moments. It is those moments that quiet our souls and make us able to hear our Father. Which is the most mysterious thing of all.

love.
-a.


No comments:

Post a Comment

merci.