Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Is there a mother in your vinegar?


I've been inspired in the kitchen this past month. Trying my hand at artisan breads, fermenting things, and soaking every bean and grain i can get my hands onto. Did you know just 1 lb. of dried beans can make you 5 cups of ready to eat deliciousness? I've been cooking beans and stocking up my freezer. You save like 1 million dollars doing this..you should try it. Another thing I am experimenting with is making cream cheese. It's on my counter now and this afternoon it goes into the cheesecloth. I will post pictures and the recipe so you can do it yourself. All of this being said, I feel super efficient and self-sufficient. We have freedom and access to really good nutritious foods. We also have the ability to utilize these foods, and we can do it without factories and plastic packaging and things that can harm us. It is not hard to cook your own beans or make your own cheese, and just with a little practice you can make your own bread...it is ridiculously easy! Be conscious of what you put in your body, how it is prepared, and where it came from. My world of food has been opened up by just a few simple ingredients and techniques. The same can happen for you if you just jump out of your comfort zone of russet potatoes and Romain lettuce. Nothing against those two foods, but try some sweet potatoes and kale. You might like them. There is such a fantastic world of food and nutrition!

That being said. When there is something creative going on in my kitchen I feel like a champion of mothers. What makes you feel like a champion mom?

Food and love.
-a.

No comments:

Post a Comment

merci.