Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Beauty // Sweet Almond Oil + Oil Cleanse


I said a while back that I would share some of my beauty routine. The best thing you could ever have in your bathroom is sweet almond oil. The stuff is amazing. Smells fantastic and does WONDERS for your skin. When I was pregnant I rubbed it all over my growing belly. It might be genetics, but I say it was the oil..no stretch marks. I wash my face, condition my hair, and hydrate dry skin with it. Sweet almond is a carrier oil that is extracted from the sweet almond nut. It has a pale yellow color and has a high percentage of Vitamin A, B1, B2, and B6. It has mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids that are also essential for the body to function. It also contains Vitamin E, which nourishes the skin.  By far my favorite thing to use it for is an oil cleanse. Here is how you do it:

The Oil Cleansing Method.
1. Pour a quarter size amount of almond oil into the palm of your hand(enough to cover your face).
2. Begin to massage into you skin, starting with the forehead and moving downward(no need to wash your face before!). Massage for 5 minutes. 
3. After you massage all the oil into your face, take a washcloth soaked in warm water and cover your face with it and let the steam work its magic for 1 minute. Warmth will open up your pores and remove excess oil and cleansing residue.
4. GENTLY wipe away excess oil from your face. Rinse out your washcloth and repeat until all the residue is gone. This will take a minute.
5. If your face is dry afterwards(mine usually is not), you can moisturize with a tad bit of oil. 

I do this 2-3 times a week. It does wonders for your skin! This works for all skin types.
Over the years I have had trouble with acne, and this method has been the best remedy for my over dried skin. After years of testing out different products that might heal my face, I have found that a clean diet and pure natural ingredients are the things that heal our skin. Be careful what you put on your face. We all want results fast, but our skin needs time to heal. Don't buy into products that promise fast or overnight results. Maybe all you need is a small bottle of oil.

To health!
-a.

No comments:

Post a Comment

merci.